Wicked Books

Meine Rezensionen und noch vieles mehr, was mit Büchern oder auch ohne sie auskommt, ist in meinem Blog behind the cover zu finden. Schaut doch mal vorbei!

Opens at Nightfall, Closes at Dawn

The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern

Title: The Night Circus

Author: Erin Morgenstern

Publisher: Vintage

Summary:
To say it short: it is about magic and love.
The Night Circus describes how that circus makes his way to the public and how it becomes a worldwide loved spectacle. It is not a normal circus. Everything is black and white. The visitors bring the only color. This circus has not only one big tent but many small ones. Within every of those tents lies a different world. Another specialty is that Le Cirque des Rêves only opens at night.
But it is not all about the circus. It is only the venue for a challenge of two magicians. Both do not know how to win the challenge or how long it will take place. In the beginning they also do not know who their opponent is. That is all because the two of them are only figures in the game of the actual counterparts.
This book does not live from the plot alone. There are chapters in between in which the reader is acting. The reader is one of the visitors of the Cirque des Rêves and goes from tent to tent but will not visit all tents mentioned in the book. Those visits are as well as the rest of the book described down to detail.

My opinion:
It is very easy to go into the world of the book and all the tents and see everything with the own eyes. And even emotions feel so real. So one is sad when it is necessary and happy when it is described.
The plot itself is not very eventful. The reader gets from the beginning on a very good insight of what is going on. On the other hand there are a lot of secrets the reader does not know about what adds a lot of excitement.
I loved reading the book and could not put it down in times what annoyed everyone around me. To my defense is to say that I waited for a circus like that whole my life. During reading sessions I often had the feeling that I was dreaming. This feeling I can simply recommend to everyone.

I would love to give 5 stars to this book, because the story simply invites to dream. But the plot couldn’t satisfy me and the time changes irritated me a lot. Therefore I can only grant 4 stars.

Ich lese gerade

Bereits gelesen: 16/247 pages
Hinter den Augen der Welt: Historischer Roman
Tess Schirmer
Bereits gelesen: 36/480 pages
Ein dunkler Funke (Dalans Prophezeiung, Buch 1)
Sarah Marie Keller