Wicked Books

Meine Rezensionen und noch vieles mehr, was mit Büchern oder auch ohne sie auskommt, ist in meinem Blog behind the cover zu finden. Schaut doch mal vorbei!

Doing Germany 2

Doing Germany: Book 2 (English Edition) - Agnieszka Paletta

Title: Doing Germany 2

Author: Agnieszka Paletta

My opinion: When I first got the book I expected it to be a funny view on German habits. Being German myself I always enjoy and also reflect on those things I don’t realise I’m doing. That is exactly what you get. In some cases I couldn’t relate to them as I don’t have a baby, a house or a husband. But it doesn’t make the book less worth reading.

What I enjoyed most about this about this book is the fact that in there not only the situation in Germany is shown but also how a similar situation would be in Poland, Canada or the US. That way not only Non-Germans can learn about Germany but also Germans can learn how a situation is handled in other countries.

The idea to this book is something that I like. It’s not a new idea but I like to read books about how people see their life in Germany.
The writing style is good once you get used to it and I got used to it pretty quickly.

All in all it’s a great book that is fun to read. 3 of 5 stars.

Quelle: http://coverworlds.de/doing-germany-two

Bereits gelesen: 16/247 pages
Hinter den Augen der Welt: Historischer Roman
Tess Schirmer
Bereits gelesen: 36/480 pages
Ein dunkler Funke (Dalans Prophezeiung, Buch 1)
Sarah Marie Keller